We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocky Mountaineer meals?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Rocky Mountaineer meals?

We will be travelling from Banff to Vancouver on the Rocky Mountaineer in September. I notice that the train does not arrive in Kamloops on the first day untll 7:20 in the evening, and that it does not serve a dinner meal onboard. Given that we would have to get off the train and travel to the hotel and get rooms prior to being able to go to a restaurant, that is pretty late in the day. I usually have to eat much earlier than that. Do they serve enough snacks on the train in the late afternoon or early evening to keep one from going hungry?

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocky Mountaineer meals?

My recollection is that there are lots of snacks -- I think you will be OK.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,576 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocky Mountaineer meals?

Don't worry they feed you faithfully every two hrs. During the afternoon they often serve the normal cookies, fruit, and also cheese and crackers. I assure you you won't arrive hungry. Most hotels are close to some restaraunt and the train offers a dinner show but I find most people are pretty tired, but the show and food are pretty good but perhaps a little overpriced at $85 or so.

3. Re: Rocky Mountaineer meals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 08:59