We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden ridge?

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newfoundland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden ridge?

Thinking about booking Hidden ridge Resort for 2 night in late Sept on route from Edmonton &Calgary to Japer & Valemount. We are a couple in our mid 30's, just looking for a clean hotel, with a nice outdoor hot tub. We will have a car. THe HRR caught my eye beacause the hot tubs look nice and rooms have a full kitchen for $168/night. Are there any other places I might be missing. I looked at the Fox, but no kitchen. We don't usually prepare our own meals, but i think this trip is going to be costly and we can only eat so much before we are sick of it. Any thoughts appreciated!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden ridge?

If you have a look at this TripAdvisor Traveller Article, you'll find a list of Banff properties that have kitchen facilities of some type:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154911-c54863/Banff:…

Traveller Articles are written, and compiled from forum postings, by TA members like you and me.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,139 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden ridge?

A TA member posted a link to a photo trip report a few days ago, and I mention it because he stayed at the Hidden Ridge and included a photo of their lovely hot tubs (#6 in the photo album). You can find the link to his report in this forum topic: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g659487-i11598-k384…

If you are looking for economical self-catering accommodations in Jasper, you might want to check into "private home accommodations" - rooms or suites within a resident's home. Listings are at www.stayinjasper.com and you can search among the 120+ homes that are offered by various amenities, including full kitchen, or fridge, microwave, etc. A few are B&B (bed and breakfast); most offer a in-suite self-served continental breakfast.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,139 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hidden ridge?

Oops, just realized my last statement might be a bit confusing or misleading, so I will re-phrase it....

A few of the private home accommodations in Jasper are licensed as B&Bs; **of these**, most offer a in-suite self-served continental breakfast. (I am aware of only two homes offering a buffet style continental breakfast in the hosts' kitchen or dining room.) Most private home accommodations are not licensed to offer breakfast at all - they offer accommodation only, although their accommodation may include a kitchen or kitchenette, which may include complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc. (the room will have a beverage station, similar to a hotel room).

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hidden ridge?

I have stayed at HRR a few times, I always really enjoy it. Their hot tub is great!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hidden ridge?

We've stayed there a few times as well and enjoyed it and it's sort of "off the strip" location.

newfoundland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hidden ridge?

Booked! For those who have stayed there before - Dish cloths/liquid and all that stuff included?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hidden ridge?

Yep. You'll have everything you need for the kitchen, even a dishwasher! You just have to supply the food (and seasonings and the like, of course). They even supply free firewood for the fireplace.

newfoundland
Level Contributor
80 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hidden ridge?

Thanks everyone - now on to the Jasper forum to look for some more awesome info, now that Edmonton,Calgary & Banff are taken of!

9. Re: Hidden ridge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 06:16