We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Pass

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Park Pass

Hi there,

We are heading to Banff for the weekend & will be staying in a hotel with underground parking! We don't plan on using the vehicle over the weekend, so I'm wondering if we're still required to purchase a park pass? The individual at hotel reservations was not able to give me answer!

Thanks in advance!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Pass

Technically yes... you need a pass to take your vehicle into Banff. In the real world... who knows if the parking pass cops are trolling underground parking lots. My guess is no, but no one can tell you that for sure. Besides, what's the big deal? You're using the Park so why not support its maintenance and upkeep?

In any case you live in Calgary so an Annual Park Pass should be a given for you, no?

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Pass

Unless you are driving straight thru the park with no stops for lunch or washroom breaks or anything else, you are required to have a park pass.

Banff
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Pass

I work for Banff Lodging Co, and yes you do need a park pass if you are staying in Banff. This is not monitored by your hotel, but by Parks Canada. I agree you are using the Park so why not support its maintenance and upkeep. There are fences all along the highway for your safety and for the safety of the wildlife.

Enjoy your stay,

bestofbanff

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,993 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Pass

Disneyland's Park Pass is $100 per day per person. Banff is a screaming deal, a different experience admittedly, and the price reflects that, but of no less value (some might argue substantially more value) than a day at Disneyland. Don't you think that's worth paying for?

Otherwise the government may have to turn to the mining and forestry industries to pay for the staff and roads. That would be a travesty.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Pass

The answer to this question is always: "Yes, you need a park pass" to visit the town of Banff.

If you're from Calgary, why not purchase a yearly pass? This will allow you to come and go in and out of the park any time you like. It will allow you to come for a spontaneous drive in Spring and Summer and the potential to explore all of the Rocky Mountain National Parks whenever you like. It's a great investment in your future enjoyment!

banfflakelouise

6. Re: Park Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 05:15