We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

Manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are getting married in Banff. We've arranged the basics, ie commissioner, location, photographer. But it will just be the two of us on the day, so no big 'do', and we're wondering how to make the rest of the day special. Do any of you have any recommendations for romantic post-ceremony activities or where we can dine in the evening? We're quite down to earth people, love good unpretentious food but at the same time we would like something a bit special. All ideas from Banff experts appreciated! We've never been before and would love some insider knowledge.

Many thanks,

Jayne

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

Congratulations on your wedding plans! If you let us know the season in which your wedding will take place, we can do a better job of making great suggestions for you.

Manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

Hi, we'll be there late July. Thanks for the help :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

Congratulations!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

Super -- one way to get a bunch of good suggestions is to enter the word "romantic" in the search box for this forum (top centre of your screen). I just did that and came up with a whole series of past threads on romantic things to do in the Banff area, contributed by travellers from all over as well as local experts.

If it turns out to be a warm, clear night, then dining outside would be a wonderful way to celebrate. For outside dining with amazing views: the Bison, the Juniper, etc. For indoor dining with amazing views: Three Ravens at The Banff Centre, the Juniper, several restaurants at the Banff Springs Hotel etc. See Dining with a View, at this link: tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g154911-s506/Banff:Alb…

I always think of the Waldhaus at the Banfff Springs as a very romantic spot:

fairmont.com/banffsprings/GuestServices/Rest…

It's cozy, has amazing views, right on the edge of town but still feels like you're "away from it all". When you reserve, ask for a window table with a great view.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

I would also suggest the Waldhaus at the Banff Springs. You can have a romantic fondue. There are a few different options, my husband and I did the cheese fondue with bread and veggies to dip in it. There is a selection of meats you can get to dip in a broth as well. Then for dessert the chocolate fondue with fruit and marshmallows.

It is very attentive service, I think if you told them it was your wedding dinner they would go out of their way to make it very special for you.

Nothing more romantic than a horse drawn carriage ride around Banff. They are usually sitting on the main street (Banff Avenue) for hire during the summer.

Congratulations:)

Edited: 22 January 2011, 00:02
Manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

thanks for the suggestions - just had a look at the Waldhaus menu and delighted to see it's Swiss. We've had some great holidays in Switzerland in the past, so I think it would be a really fitting place for us.

Thanks again :-)

Edited: 24 January 2011, 08:12
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

My favorite "romantic" place to dine is outside of Banff. It might be very nice to go stay at Storm Mountain Lodge for a night or 2 and enjoy the ambience and the great food. www.stormmountainlodge.com

I also love to go to the Beaujolais - for classic french cuisine.

www.lebeaujolaisbanff.com

....and finally, I give the Fairmont "2 thumbs up" for romantic ambience - I love to go to the Rundle Lounge and share tasty appetizers and cocktails for dinner. The view is fantastic and the ambience is magic - very romantic!

banfflakelouise

8. Re: Getting married in Banff - Ideas for dining and post-wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 06:17