We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Here's the latest media release from Banff-Lake Louise Tourism:

Banff/Lake Louise Ski Resorts Announce Major Boost to Ski-Shuttle Service

Minimum Six Additional Banff Avenue Pickups Added For 2011/12 Season as World Famous Rocky Mountain Resorts Increase Service

The three world famous ski resorts in Banff National Park will invest in a significantly improved ski shuttle service for the 2011/12 season, adding a minimum of six major stops outside hotels on Banff Avenue.

The new pickups for all three resorts – Mt. Norquay, The Lake Louise Ski Area, and Sunshine Village – will be in addition to stops already at The Fairmont Banff Springs and the main downtown location behind the Mount Royal Hotel.

This season the resorts offered a variety of bus services, ranging from some hotel pickups to express service from centralized hubs. The resorts have always promised to review the service later in the season and this is the result. “Our customers spoke and the three ski areas listened in order to create a bus service they think will add to an already magical Rocky Mountain skiing and boarding experience,” said Ladd Snowsell, General Manager of Ski Banff Lake Louise Sunshine”.

The new shared and coordinated ski shuttle service will allow many of Banff and Lake Louise skiers and snowboarders to access all three mountains from pick up points either at, or very close to, their hotels. As well, the current hotel-to-resort direct service will continue in the hamlet Lake Louise.

Julie Canning, CEO of Banff Lake Louise Tourism added: “Banff National Park is always looking to enhance the high level of visitor experience here. Frequent ski shuttle service from many of our great hotels is what visitors asked for and the ski areas are delivering to make ski vacations even more enjoyable.”

The enhanced ski shuttle service will continue to be included in the traditional tri-area lift ticket price, or can be purchased separately for other ticket users. Final locations and schedules will be confirmed as the 11/12 season begins.

Canada’s Protected Playground is enjoying phenomenal conditions this season, including the best January in five years for snowfall. Bright blue skies between the snow storms and mild temperatures have produced amazing conditions for skiers and riders at Mt. Norquay, The Lake Louise Ski Area and Sunshine Village Ski & Snowboard Resort.

The three resorts offer almost 8,000 acres of skiable terrain on one convenient, tri-area lift ticket. There’s terrain to suit every level and desire, from gentle groomed runs to some of the world’s most extreme in-bounds terrain. The unique inland location guarantees the dry, light snow that we’re famous for – and plenty of it.

Stunning mountain backdrops, lack of lift lines and friendly local hospitality are just some of the bonuses that make a vacation here unforgettable.

Mentioned in this post
Banff National Park
Banff National Park
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Banff Avenue
Banff Avenue
1,086 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Fairmont Banff Springs
Fairmont Banff Springs
7,223 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Mount Royal Hotel
Mount Royal Hotel
1,104 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Lake Louise
Lake Louise
Banff National Park, Canada
Toloco Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Dan Evans Photography
Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Banff, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Beat me to the posting! Haha.

I think this is great, it may not be where the service was in the past; however, 6 additional pickups will definitely make walks shorter and peoples trips more enjoyable. Glad to see some arrangement could be made for next year!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Bumping this so that it will be seen before the outdated thread ...

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

what does this mean for the Fox Hotel then?

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

This means that during the 2011/2012 season, buses for all three ski areas will stop very close to the front door of the Fox.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

How about Rundlestone Lodge? How far pick up/drop off station from this lodge and how often will they run?

Mentioned in this post
Rundlestone Lodge
Rundlestone Lodge
1,204 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

I'm sorry, Marina, all the information I have is in the press release that I posted. However, the Rundlestone is on Banff Avenue and since they will have six *additional* stops along Banff Avenue, and the hotel part of Banff Avenue is 6 blocks long, I think it's fair to assume that there will be a stop within a block of the Rundlestone.

Mentioned in this post
Banff Avenue
Banff Avenue
1,086 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Thank you very much. I didn't know Banff Ave is so short so agree, the stop will be near by. Thanks again.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Thanks for that. I did think about Whistler because I cant drag skis around for any great distance, but this has me interested again.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Glad to hear that, dd. You will have a great time in Banff!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ski bus updates for 2011/2012 season

Thank-you Banff for sharing this information with everyone.

Essentially, what the announcement means is that the Ski Bus Service has been improved. For visitors without a car, or those who don't want to use their vehicles it will be an easy and short walk to access a ski bus stop from any of the hotel/motels of Banff.