We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff 7 day itinerary help

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
9 posts
Save Topic
Banff 7 day itinerary help

We will be in Banff on Sept 9 late. Need help suggesting things to do around Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper. My husband and I both enjoy hiking, not strenuous. We were also planning river rafting.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,166 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff 7 day itinerary help

Welcome to TripAdvisor and to the TripAdvisor forums! (I see you have just joined today!)

There is lots of information here that can help you, but like most new users, it's probably a bit overwhelming - and unfortunately, the site is not always the easiest to navigate.

This compilation of many trip reports will help you plan your own vacation: tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g659487-c123791/Canadi… On that page, you will also see more useful articles - these are written by other TA users like you.

Also, on the right side of this page, you will see a list of "Top Questions about Banff"; these include a lot of basic and background information.

Here are some other online resources that will be useful for the Rockies -

The Jasper and Banff/Lake Louise tourism offices:

www.jaspercanadianrockies.com

www.banfflakelouise.com

Parks Canada: www.pc.gc.ca - pick whichever park you want info for (Banff, Jasper, Yoho & Kootenay; once you are at the park's page, you'll see a menu down the left - choose "Visitor information"). Also, when you enter the park and pay your fee, you will be given an informative booklet that has information for all four parks.

The Parks Canada websites have lists of hiking trails and natural areas/places to see and visit. (Look under "visitor information/things to do"). I would suggest looking them over, and then if you have more questions, post them here in the forums... most of us who are residents enjoy hiking and know the trails.

One of the main attractions in the area is the drive from Lake Louise to Jasper on a highway known as the Icefields Parkway - www.icefieldsparkway.ca . Although only about 225 km long, I usually recommend making a full day of it, stopping at the many scenic viewpoints, lakes, waterfalls along the way. There are also limited food services so I would suggest bringing along a picnic lunch and some beverages. There is lots of info about the drive, and links, in this TA page: tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g659487-c74055/Canadia…

Hope this helps!

Edited: 03 September 2011, 19:39
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
709 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banff 7 day itinerary help

Must do's not mentioned yet specifically ......

Canoe on Lake Louise - the views from the lake and being on that blue water is truly magnificent. You can rent there no problem

Rafting - suggest 'Chinook' for family rafting trip on Kananaskis river, interesting enough ride and great scenery

Rob

Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banff 7 day itinerary help

Rafting will be very tame for that date. All the snow runoff is gone and it hasnt rained much in the past couple of weeks.

4. Re: Banff 7 day itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 00:18