We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Jasper to Banff

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Jasper to Banff

Hello all,

Will be arriving in Jasper on viarail (end January 2013) and then catching a bus to Banff. Can I assume this bus will travel along the famous Icefields Parkway - meaning, I won't have to book a separate tour of the Parkway? Hope this is not a totally stupid question!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,393 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Jasper to Banff

G'day morticia,

The IP is the only direct link between the two towns, and there is no such thing as a stupid question ......well, sometimes there may be but not in this case. :)

I think that Sundog run that in winter but it is not a 'tour' - it will be a drive through.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Jasper to Banff

OK, thanks. Glad I'm not earmarked as totally stupid (yet!). We will be spending about 4-5 nights in Banff before taking bus to Calgary for flight back to Vancouver. Likely that I'll be asking for advice on activities in Banff and surrounds

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,574 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Jasper to Banff

Just to be clear: the only bus that runs on the Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper in winter is Sundog Tours' shuttle. You can also get from Banff to Jasper on a Greyhound bus, but they will take you via Calgary and Edmonton, not the Icefields Parkway.

I think Sundog will make whatever stops they can, if you are interested in sightseeing. The problem is that most of the scenic viewpoints will be full of snow. The snowplows only plow the road, and perhaps a few turnaround points, not the viewpoints.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,655 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Jasper to Banff

Sundog's website is at www.sundogtours.com .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Jasper to Banff

Thanks for the info. At least we'll get to see some of the Parkway. My computer has been out of action so couldn't thank you earlier.

6. Re: Bus from Jasper to Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 18:15