We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Hi,

I did a search on the Banff search site, but I did not see the answer to my question. What are the chances of getting a seat for 2, on the early bus to Lake O'Hara, without reservations? This would be towards the end of August, mid-week. I wasn't sure how full the early morning bus is or if there are ever very many cancellations. Since we do not know which day we would be able to go to Lake O'Hara, I was just wondering.Thanks for your help!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

If the weather is utterly dreadful, there will likely be some no-shows. On a nice day, not so much.

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Thanks Banff. I thought it would probably be a slim chance to see any cancellations on a nice day!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

End of August mid week you should have a chance. The booking system is ridiculous and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Just FYI it's possible that you didn't find the answer on a Banff site because Lake O'Hara is in Yoho NP, not Banff NP.

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Hi Roremc,

Thanks for your post. We may just take a chance and see what happens!!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Hi Tweedwolfscre,

Thank you for your post. You're right, Lake O'Hara is in Yoho NP. I just went to the British Columbia Forums Search and did some reading. I don't know if we will be able to get a seat without reservations, but we may try. We'll see!!!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

If you want to get on without reservation, be there around 7.00am. Chances are you won't be the only ones trying.

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

Hi Wallie R,

Thanks for your post and for the advice. You're right. There will probably be others who have the same idea so we'll be sure to get there early.

9. Re: Bus to Lake O'Hara/cancellations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 07:17