We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

G'day

Can you recommend a restaurant near the Banff Caribou Lodge with good food at reasonable prices please ?

All styles of food considered , we enjoy a wide variety of cuisines

We are not looking for high prices or fine dining

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

There is a Keg restaurant right in the hotel. It is a chain -- reasonable prices, reasonable food.

Banff
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

Good morning!

I am posting from the company that owns and operates the Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa. First, you have chosen a wonderful hotel for your stay in Banff.

The Keg is located in The Banff Caribou Lodge, but if you are looking for more choice, the hotel on the other side now features Bumpers Steakhouse (prices are pretty comparable to the Keg now). The hotel on the other side of the hotel doesn't offer a restaurant. The next restaurant down would be either Carlito's Pizzera or Chili's Grill and Bar.

One thing I thought I would mention however is that Banff is a small town and that you are within walking distance to downtown with more dining options. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the Caribou Lodge. You will also be offered local bus passes when you check into your hotel so feel free to use our local transit bus to get downtown as well.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,653 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

Many people prefer the Keg in the Caribou Lodge to their second location in Banff, in the heart of Banff Avenue. Keg is primarily a steak restaurant.

There are a ton of restaurants in Banff though. At the Rundlestone Lodge, just a block away, there is the new Bumpers restaurant. Bumpers has been a Banff institution for over 30 years. They specialize in steaks & prime rib with a salad bar. The Delta Royal Canadian Lodge, two blocks away (in the opposite direction to the Rundlestone Lodge) has the Evergreen Restaurant, which looks to somewhat more of a fine dining experience. They get good reviews.

If none of these appeal, it's just a short walk or bus ride to the heart of downtown Banff, where there is a huge selection of restaurants with different cuisines and price points - everything from a very good Japanese noodle shop, Greek restaurant, Korean BBQ restaurant to a brew pub, pizza restaurants, and much more.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,886 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

i thought Bumpers had closed? The old location was all boarded up last week. If it moved it would be nice to know. The keg is my favoirtie restaraunt but since your onl the bus line to downtown I prefer, Tommys Pub the Spaghetti Factory, and the greek rest above Tommys for reasonably priced food in Banff.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

To provide some background -- yes, Bumpers has moved as described in post 2. And the Greek restaurant above Tommy's is the Balkan.

Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

The keg in the hotel itself is great. Avoid chillis at all costs!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

Thanks to all those who replied , thats exactly the type of information we were looking for

Garry

8. Re: Restaurant near Caribou Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:17