We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johnson Canyon May 19-20

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Johnson Canyon May 19-20

Hello! We're going to be in Banff May 19-20 and were wanting to do the Johnson Canyon hike. I was wondering if anyone knows if it will still be icy/slippery at that time? We will be with our 5 year old. He's been on lots of hikes with us, just not sure how he'd do if it's pretty slippery.

Thanks!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Johnson Canyon May 19-20

I think you should be fine -- we're in the midst of a hot spell.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Johnson Canyon May 19-20

Oh that's great, thanks!

Calgary
Level Contributor
122 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Johnson Canyon May 19-20

I don't know what your accomodation plans are, but travel zoo has a pretty good deal for a cabin by the canyon....http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/local-deals/alberta/Getaway/51381?utm_source=localdeal_ca&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1471805_html_prairies

I've never stayed there, so I can't say how nice they are.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Johnson Canyon May 19-20

Actually we're staying in calgary. This will be one of our day trips. Thanks for the info though...I love travelzoo :)

5. Re: Johnson Canyon May 19-20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 06:17