We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocky Mountaineer Travel Advisory - current floods

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Rocky Mountaineer Travel Advisory - current floods

https:/…message_to_our_guests

The above webpage has information about RM's plans for the flooding for the next few days.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,936 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocky Mountaineer Travel Advisory - current floods

Re tomorrow's adjustment for people travelling on the Rocky Mountaineer from Banff and Lake Louise to Vancouver, who will be doing the first leg of their journey (to Kamloops) via bus... although I realize that RMRT has no other choices due to events beyond their control, I'd be more than a little choked to have booked a 2-day luxury rail trip and have to do half of it on a bus! I hope their alternate plans also includes an adjustment in the amounts people have paid!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocky Mountaineer Travel Advisory - current floods

One of the bigger complaints, especially during the CPR strike last year, was no adjustment in the rate for those having to bus around the areas not available to RM. People in the reviews were outraged.

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocky Mountaineer Travel Advisory - current floods

i'm travelling on Sunday, hopefully.

there are two issues -1. getting to Banff, 2. the train

for anyone else in this situation, the banff website leads to two coach companies who have buses and permission to run a shuttle service through what is left of the trans canadian highway to and from calgary airport- so this can be done.

already most of the train trip is running - with a coach transfer to golden for the start of the trip to golden bc, then on by train.

so let's get real.- people have died- lots of people have had their livelihoods and homes ruined.

we may have a bit of inconvenience which everyone seems to be trying their best to alleviate.

well done rocky mountaineer for running a service at all!

just hope when you're on the train you're near an optimist not a moaner - that'll be the bggest effect on your holiday!!!!

4. Re: Rocky Mountaineer Travel Advisory - current floods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:16