We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Situation in Banff

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Situation in Banff

Hi,

My husband and I have a summer trip planned to The Banff Springs Hotel. Is anyone aware of the situation at the Banff Springs Hotel (and surrounding area) following the devastating floods this past week?

Thanks!

We are really looking forward to it.

Smiles,

Cat Bo

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Situation in Banff

The Banff Springs is untouched and as lovely as ever. The Town of Banff has seen very little lasting effect from the flooding. Once here, you will have a great time.

Save Reply
2. Re: The Situation in Banff

Be aware that the Fairmont in Banff and Hotels.com are not issuing refunds for reservations despite the situation.

I tried to get a refund and I was told that the hotel was operating normally and it was my problem if I could not make it to the hotel due to the trans-canada being closed.

Don't do business with these kind of companies.

3. Re: The Situation in Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:05
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Situation in Banff

As per official statement of Banff Lake Louise Tourism on June 24th. Banff National Park is OPEN for Business. Banff and Lake Louise weather the storm, ready to welcome our visitors

The Town of Banff and the hamlet of Lake Louise were fortunate to have escaped many of the direct impacts of last week’s storm. Spirits are up and Banff is OPEN for business.

The recent severe weather triggered flooding in many communities across southern Alberta, cutting off key transportation routes, disrupting power and water supplies, and interrupting communication channels.

The coordinated efforts of the Town of Banff, Parks Canada, and the RCMP, ensured public safety at all times. The Town of Banff’s water supply was never compromised and continuity of essential services was maintained.

Today, the majority of the national park’s highways have been cleared for travel. Our park information centres are busy welcoming visitors. And our businesses, from lodging to restaurants, retail to attractions, are welcoming guests.

What Travellers Need to Know:

 Airport shuttle companies have resumed service between the Calgary International Airport and Banff National Park.

 There is unrestricted visitor access to Banff and Lake Louise via Hwy 93 North (the Icefields Parkway).

 There is unrestricted visitor access to Banff and Lake Louise via Hwy 93 South.

 The Trans-Canada Highway is open to and from Banff from the west.

 Local Roam bus service has resumed operation.

 Most major attractions and classic national park visitor experiences are open.

 Food and fuel supplies have been restored.

Intensely proud of its heritage as Canada’s first national park, businesses this past week were steadfastly responsive to visitor needs, while the local volunteer community stepped up efforts to help visitors and residents alike. Banff National Park looks forward to hosting visitors and extending a world-class welcome throughout the entire exciting summer season.

5. Re: The Situation in Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:16