We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea/high tea

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea/high tea

Hi,

I'm trying to find a place in Banff to take visitors for high tea (English style afternoon tea with sandwiches, cakes etc). Banff Springs Hotel does one but the reviews on TA are not good at all. Is there anywhere else that we could go - preferably somewhere with a nice view or at least a cosy atmosphere as we'll be going in the middle of winter.

If I can't find anywhere I might have to change the plans to a nice lunch instead.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon tea/high tea

Not sure if there is any other of the sort in Banff. You could go to Lake Louise and have it their Fairmont instead. The view is of Lake Louise. Here is a thread from a couple of years ago you might look at.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154910-i220-k49821…

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon tea/high tea

I am not sure about Banff, but they have it at the Fairmont in Lake Louise as well. I haven't tried it yet though.

fairmont.com/lake-louise/dining/afternoontea/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon tea/high tea

Thanks for the responses :) I think we'll end up having high tea at LL and then lunch or do something else in Banff.

Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon tea/high tea

I was at the Chateau last week and they have just renovated the area where the high tea is. Looks great!

5. Re: Afternoon tea/high tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16