We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

J C
New York City, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

I just spent the weekend in Banff and had an incredible time. I took many photos, however, it was overcast the majority of the weekend. I was hoping to get a close-up picture of one of the Banff Avenue Street Signs with the mountain in the background. Does anyone know of where I can get one, or if anyone traveling soon can take one? Any advice or assistance would be very much appreciated.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

Just to be clear -- you want a photo of a street sign that says Banff Avenue, and you want a mountain in the background ... any particular one. Sulphur? Tunnel? Rundle? Cascade?

Edited: 12 March 2014, 05:14
J C
New York City, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

Yes exactly. Likely Cascade if possible to find a good angle, but Rundle would be great too. It's such a beautiful area!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

Interesting request...

J C
New York City, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

The intent was to take it while there and frame it. I have similar photos from other vacations (e.g. Bourbon Street in New Orleans) that I want to hang it next to, but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate for a great photo. Certainly looking forward to adding it the collection and would be happy to send a print to the photographer!

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

Google can be your best friend in cases like this :

https://www.google.com/search?q=Banff+Avenue+Street&client=firefox-a&hs=7TB&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=rcs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GLogU8e6F8i7oQThpIGICw&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1072&bih=447

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,161 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

Except that while the standard tourist postcard shot of Banff Avenue with Cascade in the background abounds on google, there don't seem to be any with the close-up of the Banff Avenue street sign with the mountain backdrop that the OP is looking for.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,156 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

I go there every moth but not sure where you would get a picture of the Banff ave street sign? There are thousands of pix of Banff Ave online

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=picture+of+downtown+banff+ave+with+mountains&qpvt=picture+of+downtown+banff+ave+with+mountains&FORM=IGRE

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,946 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

But still, don't you just love this postcard from Peel's Prairie Provinces?

…ualberta.ca/postcards/PC009997.html

I think that's the Balkan in the right foreground, with the Mt Royal Hotel in the right background, opposite the King Edward Hotel.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

Lovely!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banff Avenue Street Sign Picture

JC -- send me a PM with your email address, and I will try to take this shot for you sometime in the next couple of weeks.