We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff itinerary comments? July 14 to 19,2014

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Banff itinerary comments? July 14 to 19,2014

Hello everyone! My husband and I will be in banff this July. We are very excited since it's our first time. Please give me your comments regarding our itinerary and any suggestions are welcome. :)

July 14- Arrive in Calgary airport about 1 pm, pickup rental car then drive to Banff. Check in at the hotel. The rest of the afternoon is free.

July 15- free day. Banff Gondola if the weather is clear

July 16- "Discover grizzly bears tour" with Discover banff company

July 17- "discover banff and it's wildlife tour" with discover banff in the AM then explore Lake Louise in the afternoon (haven't booked the tour yet so I'm not so sure about it yet)

July 18- undecided about this day. We can either explore on our own, book ice fields parkway tour or book a guided hike tour with discover banff company.

July 19- checkout at banff then drive back to calgary to spend the night there. Our flight back to Florida is early morning on July 20.

Rocky Mountain Photo Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
White Mountain Adventures
Multi-day Tours, Helicopter Tours, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Toby Creek Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff itinerary comments? July 14 to 19,2014

You definitely want to see the southern half of the Icefields Parkway while you're here. I'd suggest you wait until you're here to pick your day, however, because you want to make sure that there's a chance of good weather. No sense going if the clouds are covering all the peaks. I see that you're mentioning booking a tour but you also say that you'll have a rental car. If you drive from Banff to the Columbia Icefield area and back, that's a very full day but you will then be able to stop at viewpoints, picnic sites, etc that appeal to you.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 19:02
2. Re: Banff itinerary comments? July 14 to 19,2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 06:15