We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in banff

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage in banff

Help! I've just realised my hotel in Banff is actually not anywhere near banff - so I arrive in banff at 9.30am with luggage, and will need to find somewhere to store it for the day.

I'll also need to get from downtown Banff to Lake Moraine sometime that evening, and then from Lake Moraine back to Banff the next morning sometime. Can anyone help? I'm usually very organised so now we're in this situation I'm a bit worried! Thanks so much!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage in banff

Are you staying at Moraine Lake Lodge? That's a very inconvenient location if you do not have a car.

There are scheduled Greyhound buses and Brewster tours or shuttles from Banff to Lake Louise. Look on the official tourism site www.banfflakelouise.com for a section on "getting here", "getting around" etc.

A shuttle runs to Moraine Lake every couple of hours from the Lake Louise village. tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g154912-s303/Lake-Loui…

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage in banff

Hello pinkturtle,

Transportation options between Moraine Lake and Banff are limited. The easiest for you may be to rent a car. Car rentals are available in both Banff (Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise), and Lake Louise Village (National).

If you prefer to take the bus, you would need to do the journey in 2 stages.

Stage 1 would be between Moraine Lake and the Village of lake Louise. There is a taxi/shuttle company that operates in the Lake Louise are called Moutain Park Transportation. They can be reached at 403-522-2525. They operat eboth a taxi service and a seasonal shuttle from Moraine Lake to Lake Louise (both the lakeshore and the village).

Stage 2 would be between Lake Louise Village and the town of Banff. There are two options for this section. Both Greyhound and Brewster run regular buses between the two towns every day. Their schedules can be found at www.greyhound.ca or brewster.ca/rocky-mountains/…

Brewster Transportation has a small number of lockers available for luggage storage during the day. For information on the use of these lockers, please contact Explore Rockies/Brewster travel at 1-866-606-6700.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage in banff

I agree that renting a car is your best option. The lodge has a discount code for Budget RentACar. You might also contact them to see if the do run a shuttle down to the Lake Louise townsite. Not sure, but it can't hurt to ask.

Otherwise, a bus & taxi is the only realistic option and you will have to stay there for dinner. With the bus, you are looking at about 45-60 minutes from Banff to Lake Louise, then another 30 minutes or so to get a taxi (if one is available right away) and up to the lodge.

For Brewsters, it appears that there are 6 daily buses from Banff to Lake Louise and 5 from Lake Louise to Banff (including one at 6:15am). Greyhound has fewer options.

I suspect you probably got confused between the hotel being in Banff National Park and Banff townsite. Banff is in Banff National Park, but the park is FAR larger, so you can be hours from Banff and still in Banff NP. Sometimes websites don't make that clear, so you need to read carefully.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage in banff

Thanks so much for your help everyone - we contacted some of the bus and taxi companies mentioned and are all organised now with not too much trouble! I agree with the point about Banff vs Banff NP - our hotel's suburb was listed as Banff, so I just assumed it was part of the town. We are all ready for the next few days and have sorted it all out thanks to your help. Thanks! :-)

5. Re: Luggage storage in banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:17