We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver to Calgary

UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Vancouver to Calgary

After lots of agonising we now intend to go by car and do hotel / B & B stops. Planning a Friday to Friday trip (we are leaving Campbell river on Friday 14th August) and thinking about 3 nights (Mon 17th, Tues & Wed) staying at Moraine Lake Lodge. We fly home from Calgary on Fri 21 Aug. Any suggestions for a 2 night stop on the way to Moraine Lake? Considering Penticton - Relstoke? Any feedback suggestions would be very welcome.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,508 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver to Calgary

My suggestion would be drive Vancouver to Osoyoos using Hwy 3 and stopping in Manning Park along the way. Lots of B&B's the Observatory one is popular. Then Osoyoos to Revelstoke taking in some wineries along the way.

UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver to Calgary

Thanks IslandWest - sorry about delay in responding - computer problems! Interesting suggestion which we hadn't previously considered, like the idea of a different terrain too.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,330 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver to Calgary

I stayed at Savona at the pleasant Lakeside Inn. If i did it again I'd stay in the Salmon Arm area to avoid the wee double back I did.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver to Calgary

Highway 3 is a nice route option. It's less traveled, so the towns are smaller and less touristy, more genuine than going through some of the larger communities on the other routes.

Osoyous is a great stop. It's Cananda's only desert and has some unique plant and animal life. You also have about 80 wineries between there and Penticton. I really like that area.

Plan to take your time between Revelstoke and Lake Louise. It's quite spectacular scenery all through there.

5. Re: Vancouver to Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 05:32