We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refuelling hire car

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Refuelling hire car

I have read in these forums that gas stations are few. We will drive from Banff to Jasper starting with full tank.Along the Icefield Parkway. Stay overnight and tour around a bit, then drive back to lake Louise.

I assume there will be a gas station in jasper? I know there is one in LL, and we will return alnong the Bow road to Banff.

Sorry this is such a basic question. I understand there is a gas station at the " Crossing", but we expect one full tank to get us to Jasper, in a small economical car, ford focus or similar.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Refuelling hire car

Just make sure you have a full tank leaving Banff or Lake Louise. There are several gas stations in Jasper. You don't want to have to fill up at the Crossing - it is more expensive.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,922 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Refuelling hire car

G'day my Bendigo friend,

It is about 300km from Banff to Jasper so no worries at all on a tank of juice. And as said by krp, no worries with fuel in Jasper.

Jenny, not long for you now. It was this time last year that we had arrived in Vancouver after our great Rockies trip. Enjoy.

Brian

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Refuelling hire car

Saskatchewan River Crossing also has a station (think it was Petro Canada last time I was through). Mid-way between LL and Jasper. You should be fine.

Cheers!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,885 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Refuelling hire car

I recommend that people avoid the gas station at The Crossing if at all possible; not only is the price *ahem* in keeping with its remote location, but I have also seen long line-ups at their gas pumps, and the last thing I would want to do when driving the Icefields Parkway is *wait* for a pretty expensive tank of gas.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Refuelling hire car

thx Brian and all who replied. Yes only 4 weeks to go then we will be enjoying the beautiful country of Canada.

Regina (when not in...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Refuelling hire car

I always top up in LL on the way to Jasper anyway. Stop into the Sampson Mall and buy something to eat at the great Bakery there too :) ! I have occasionally experienced delays on the IceFields Parkway (traffic, animals, washouts, you name it) and been glad for the full take of gas. I concur with the above comments to avoid the stop at Saskatchewan Crossing unless you really enjoy mobs of tour buses! Have Fun!

7. Re: Refuelling hire car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 05:40