We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacations to go

nsw,australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
vacations to go

i have found a website for tours and cruises etc called vacationstogo.com was wondering have others used them and would you recommend.i am looking at a cruise and tour from vancouver and possibly a rocky mountain tour,thanks,maree

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,372 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacations to go

Ruby,

I had a look at that website, and it seems to offer a lot, however they are basically a travel agent by definition.

By far the best way to see the Rockies is by hire car on your own schedule. As for the Alaska cruise, that is a whole other subject, best not discussed on this forum.

We did both in June last year and loved the whole journey in our three weeks. So have you dropped the idea of Toronto?

I would be happy to advise regarding our trip if you would like.

nsw,australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacations to go

thanks for reply,i havent discounted toronto,i am just throwing lots of options around,and hence asking lots of qustions,because i have not done this part of the world before i am trying to gather as much knowledge before making firm plans.i am not sure about driving,once again its unfamiliar,i would be interested in your itinerary any input is very much appreciated,maree

Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacations to go

Yes they are a travel agent. I have used them, no problems. For tours they book different tour companies.

nsw,australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacations to go

thanks for feedback stjohnsrock

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
268 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacations to go

We went to Canada and Alaska/L.A for 7 weeks back in 2007 and organised the whole trip ourselves,99% over the internet. What time of year do you plan on going over there because keep in mind if you want to see all their color go over to early you will miss these. We went over to Toronto late May,L.A early June,Alaska cruise was Mid June,then from mid June we went to Whistler,Victoria,Vancouver before travelling to Jasper on the 28th June-2nd July,Banff 2nd July-7th July,Calgary 7th July-10th July then Las Vegas 10th July-13th July.Timing wise getting to Jasper and Banff the time we did was perfect.The lakes looked amazing,tourist season was not in full steam yet and it was so easy to drive through the rockies and around the Niagara Falls region too while we were there.If you can drive yourself around it would be so much better because once you get to these places you dont want a time limit placed on you,beleive me,

6. Re: vacations to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 05:18