We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Louise in July or Aug

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Louise in July or Aug

Please tell me which month is better -- more beautiful -- July or Aug., and what to do if we are not water people. I am an artist and beautiful scenery is my priority. Thank you.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

Late July, early August.

2. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 18:35
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,599 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

Water sports are not a big thing in the mountains; the water is pretty much freezing cold all year round. So there are lots of other things to do, and you will find no shortage of beautiful scenery. In fact, Lisa Christensen has written a series of books on famous artists of the Canadian Rockies and the landscape that they painted; the first in the series is _Hiker's Guide to Art of the Canadian Rockies_

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/search?keywords=lisa%20christensen%20hiker's&pageSize=10

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

July and August are the busiest and warmest time of the year, there are lots of outdoor activities and sightseeing options. You can take a scenic ride up the Banff or Lake Louise gondolas, drive up to the Columbia Icefields and hop on a guided snowcoach tour, go on a cruise on Lake Minnewanka, enjoy horsebackriding or hiking. No matter where you go you'll be amazed and inspired by the scenery!

banfflakelouise

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Lake Louise
Lake Louise
5,380 Reviews
Lake Louise, Canada
Lake Minnewanka
Lake Minnewanka
2,835 Reviews
Banff, Canada
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

Thank you all, so much! I will check out that website and book, also.

I have another question, please. Will we still be able to see beautiful snow on the mountains?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,599 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

Snow? Definitely! I think the snow is most beautiful in spring and fall, when a dusting of snow really brings out the shapes of the mountains, but you will see snow on most of the mountaintops even in the height of summer.

7. Re: Lake Louise in July or Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake Louise