We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help - 3 days to Navigate the Icefields Parkway

NYC
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help – 3 days to Navigate the Icefields Parkway

We have only three days – flying into Calgary very late Tuesday night, leaving Friday late afternoon from Calgary – to spend in the area. We have been planning on staying for one night at the Fairmont Lake Louise. Any suggestions on how we should split our time? I’d definitely like to hike and if possible, maybe kayak. Any suggestions would be welcomed! I’m feeling overwhelmed with the options…

Toronto
Level Contributor
126 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help – 3 days to Navigate the Icefields Parkway

Maybe you can spend Wed. doing stuff around Banff and Lake Louise such as Moraine Lake, the gondola, Tunnel Mountain etc. Spend thursday driving the Icefields Parkway to the Columbia Icefields stopping on the way at Crowfoot Glacier, Peyto Lake, etc., then heading back to Banff / Lake Louise. Friday can be spent doing / seeing something around Banff before heading back to Calgary for your flight.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help – 3 days to Navigate the Icefields Parkway

Don't be to overwhelmed - you've only got 2.5 days!

It's easy to enjoy 2.5 days in Banff National Park. It's not a lot of time so if you want to hike and kayak - here's what I suggest:

Your accommodation - you've only got 2 nights so you don't want to move. Spend both of your nights at the same place. In Lake Louise if you want an alternative close to the lake, both Deer Lodge and Paradise Bungalows are lovely.

Hiking - you've only got time for 1 hike, so make it a hike at Lake Louise. I'd recommend the hike to Lake Agnes and Little Beehive, the scenery is stunning and it's the perfect way to spend a half a day instead of a full day.

Kayak - how about canoe? You can canoe on Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. They rent them by the hour.

In Banff - the Sulphur Mountain Gondola is the one thing you shouldn't miss.

If you just do those 3 things, it doesn't actually leave you with much extra time - the rest of the time will fill itself with sightseeing, strolling and enjoying. If you want to take a late night drive, from Lake Louise - I'd highly recommend taking a short drive up the Icefields Parkway.

3. Re: Itinerary Help – 3 days to Navigate the Icefields Parkway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:18