We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10th wedding anniversary meal

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
10th wedding anniversary meal

We arrive in Calgary at 12.30 in the afternoon of 1st September which happens to be our 10th wedding anniversary.

I would like to pre book a restaurant for a nice meal that night in Lake Louise where we are spending the first 5 nights. I have thought about the Chateau but to be honest with you i think we will be quite tired after a LONG days travelling from UK and i would want to be at my best to go there so will leave that for later in the trip!

Can anyone advise a nice romantic restaurant that i could book - we would like to have a "traditional" meal as opposed to chinese etc...........

Many thanks

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,727 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10th wedding anniversary meal

Lake Louise is a tiny "village" (not a real village, no permanent inhabitants, no church, no schools, just a collection of hotels and other services for visitors) and has limited dining options. When I read your heading, the first three places I thought of, for a special meal, were the Fairmont Chateau LL, the dining room at Deer Lodge, or the Post hotel (all $$$$). If I understand you correctly though, you'd rather wait and be better rested before spending that kind of money on a dining experience.

Other than those, (and forgive me, my memory is very foggy as I haven't eaten in LL in a long time), the Lake Louise Inn has an onsite restaurant, there is another in the old train station, and a "bar and grill" type of place in the Samson Mall. The hostel has an often-recommended café (but perhaps not what you are looking for). The Chateau has several eating options onsite, so perhaps something other than the dining room may suit?

A list of restaurants, and reviews for them, can be found here on TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g154912-Lake_Loui…

Edited: 22 June 2011, 16:55
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
226 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10th wedding anniversary meal

One thought would be Baker Creek Bistro. If I understand correctly, it is in the Lake Louise vicinity (we are now considering this for our anniversary dinner in July- who would have known so many people celebrate anniversaries in the Rockies?!).

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10th wedding anniversary meal

The Lake Louise Station Restaurant within walking distance of Lake Louise village:

http://www.lakelouisestation.com/

4. Re: 10th wedding anniversary meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Louise