We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorhome in Lake louise

Sidcup, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Motorhome in Lake louise

We are traveling september 8 hopeing to stay in lake louise for three nights. This is our first trip to canada and first time Motorhome user. These dates are not bookable through the parks service can anyone advise how busy it is liklely to be will we have any problem getting a site

Thanks

Steve.

Kent. UK

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorhome in Lake louise

It shouldn't be too busy after the Labour Day long weekend (Sept 3-5). Be warned, though, that the Lake Louise campground is right next to one of Canada's two main east-west railway lines. Heavy freight trains roll past, all year long and at all hours of the day and night. If you are light sleepers, you would be happier camping somewhere else in Banff. If you want to take a chance, I would recommend bringing earplugs and possibly sleeping pills.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorhome in Lake louise

We werejust there. There were signs warning about noise, but it never bothered is.. It was cold and rainy at night so our windows were closed, and we ran the heater a bit...

Edited: 12 July 2011, 19:26
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorhome in Lake louise

I would agree that Country_Wife paints a bleak picture of the Lake Louise Campground. While it is located on the train line, it's a beautiful place to camp - and it's one of the only full service campgrounds in the park. The campground also has the Bow River running right through it - with it's fantastic trail system, incredible scenery and possibility of seeing wildlife it could be just the kind of experience you are looking for. While I seldom disagree with County_Wife's advice, don't let this keep you away from this place. I frequently take my children tent camping there - and we've always enjoyed this place.

It's still the busy season in early to mid - September. While I don't think you'll have problems finding a sight, I would anticipate it being busy. At this time of year, the campground will be full of folks just like you who are renting and traveling in their rental RV's.

4. Re: Motorhome in Lake louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 05:19