We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

post hotel or moraine lodge

nj
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
post hotel or moraine lodge

which hotel do you think is nicer? i can stay at each hotel for one night or just stay at one hotel for 2 nights...which would you do?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,156 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

Personally I think the Moraine Lk lodge is a spectacular setting and its one of my favorite lakes in the Rockies. I know the Post gets high marks but other than being on the river there isn't much going on at Lk Louise Village, so for location alone I'd lean towards the Moraine hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,566 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

The Post really is nice...............why not try each, if you can..............

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,156 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

If your going to splurge on a high end hotel then just stay at the Chateau at LL. I'm sure the Post is lovely but location wise there is nothing special at all.

4. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 July 2012, 17:37
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

We stayed at Post hotel 2 weeks ago and were disappointed ! If you stay there make sure you are not on the railroad side of the hotel, because there is no A/C and trains run all night. Pool closes at 9 . I did not find it a high end hotel.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

the trains runs throughout most of the banff/jasper national parks. the post is right next to the tracks. morraine lake is more secluded. if staying during the busy season i.e. summer or christmas, i would not stay at chateau lake louise...way too busy. bring ear plugs.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

Thank you Poddoc77- my thoughts exactly. This is NOT a 'highend' hotel, and I have stayed in several.

It is very pretentious with prices to match. I strongly endorse the comments on the proximity to the rail line and the consequent noise. I can't believe the rooms on the other (river) side get away from this. If you can't sleep, what is the point of staying there?

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

We're staying in Lake Louise for 2 nights and Banff for 2 nights.

None of the moderate lodging in Lake Louise gets great reviews.... The Deer Lodge is within a mile of the lake.. how important is it to be that close tothe lake. Trying to choose between Deer Lodge, Mountaineer and Lake Louise Inn. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also... any suggestions for moderate but convenient locations for Banff would be appreciated.

Thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,156 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

I stay at the Lk Louise Inn twice a month. There is a huge variety of rooms so the reviews will vary greatly based on the room type. Bldg 1 or 5 are very nice. While I've never stayed at the Hostel the restaraunt is nice. Why are you even considering LL as a stop when Banff is so close? I've been stayiing at Irwins Mtn Inn and the Banff Pk Lodge and the Bowview are very convenient to everything and I believe pretty reasonable by Banff standards.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: post hotel or moraine lodge

No contest, Moraine Lake Lodge. Hands down.

The Post Hotel is second only to the Chateau Lake Louise as the most overrated hotel in the Rockies with one caveat... if budget isn't an issue their restaurant is quite nice, especially if you're a meat eating wino (like me.)

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry