We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas meals at Lake louise

vancouver BC
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas meals at Lake louise

We're planning a mini family reunion at LL this C''mas. Four adults. We have all worked there at various times, but over the summer. We have private rental accomadation, but any ideas on what to do for a treat on C'mas Day? Does the Chateau have a special meal?

Also, is skating on the lake free? Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas meals at Lake louise

I know that the Chateau used to have a Christmas Day meal, but that was a long time ago.........I can only guess that they still do, but am not 100% certain, and skating used to be free, once again not 100% certain..........

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,574 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas meals at Lake louise

I'm sure the Chateau does a special Christmas dinner, but they may restrict it to their own guests. Or it may require reservations well in advance. Your best bet would be to contact Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise directly, since they should have an inkling by now of what their plans will be. Regardless of their response, I'd reconfirm that info in mid-November, when you can expect their plans to be firm. ("Many a slip 'twixt cup and lip...")

I can't imagine that they would (or even could!) charge for skating on Lake Louise; after all, the lake belongs to the Canadian people, not Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The Lake Louise Ski Area will be open on Christmas, and may well have special activities planned.

Edited: 22 September 2012, 15:22
Calgary
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas meals at Lake louise

the chateau looks after the skating rinks but there is no charge. They willbe ready 'when conditions' permit. We skated there early last December. I think the Chateau has skate rentals.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas meals at Lake louise

Lake Louise is a magical place to be for the Christmas season and there are various happenings over the holidays throughout the village.

As CW has mentioned, the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will likely have some holiday meal(s) available at their various restaurants, and it is always good to confirm directly. There may also be some festive meals served at a few other locations in Lake Louise including Deer Lodge, the Station Restaurant, at the Lake Louise Inn and Baker Creek Bistro.

Skating on Lake Louise is absolutely free to the public, with skate rentals available from Wilson Mountain Sports in the village or you're welcome to bring along your own. There are also a great network of cross country ski trails in the area with maps and trail conditions available at the Information Centre.

The Lake Louise Ski Area usually have programming in conjunction with the holidays as well, with confirmed details available closer to the holidays. For a complete list of events happening in and around the holidays please visit our online event calendar, www.banfflakelouise.com/calendar.

vancouver BC
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas meals at Lake louise

I ended up calling the Chateau about meals on Christmas Day, and they are only served for guest staying at the hotel, not for the general public.

6. Re: Christmas meals at Lake louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 10:18