We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

Vancouver, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

Is there a lower cost B&BS type place to stay in Lake Louise, one night, Aug 30? We are travelling by bus. Is there greyhound bus service from Jasper to lake Louise to Calgary? I already know about Brewster.

Thanks, Susan

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

That's about the busiest time of year.

Low budget is The Hi-Mountain Hostel $24

The Great Divide Lodge is $ 119

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

Greyhound doesn't give any schedule between Jasper and L.L. around 28, 29 or 30 Aug.

There is Sundogtours.

sundogtours.com/airport_shuttle_schedule_cal…

Another hostel is the Hi Lake Louise Alpine Centre

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

Greyhound doesn't have a bus route directly from Jasper to Lake Louise or Banff; they would take you via Edmonton and Calgary, which would take far too long.

I don't think the Sun Dog Tours shuttle runs in the summer between Jasper and Lake Louise, I believe it's just Brewster.

There's only one hostel in Lake Louise, the HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre. I've heard that it's wise to reserve well in advance there since it is very popular. The Mountaineer Lodge is a popular budget motel in LL. Or you could stay in Banff, where there are 4 hostels: HI Banff Alpine Centre, Banff Y Mountain Lodge, Banff International Hostel (NOT a HI hostel) and SameSun Backpacker Lodge.

Great Divide Lodge is in "West Louise" which is not in the village (hamlet, really) of Lake Louise; it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and I doubt that the Brewster bus or Greyhound would stop there. The TA map is incorrect; it's not in the village of Field, BC, it's here: http://goo.gl/maps/oVVnP

Edited: 29 June 2013, 03:21
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,669 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

We call it a village, but Lake Louise is not one in the real sense of the word. It's a visitor services centre with a few hotels, the hostel, a gas station, Parks Canada visitor centre, some shops & restaurants etc. Housing there is tied to employment - there are almost no permanent residents or private housing... therefore no B&Bs. Even if there were, being in such a high-demand location and with Aug. 30 falling on the Friday of a long weekend, there'd be almost no chance of booking a single night's stay. (Most B&Bs or guesthouses in Banff or Field would have similar policies.)

Brewster is the only bus service between Lake Louise and Jasper via the Icefields Parkway at that time of year.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

forget Great Divide Lodge its in the midst of nothing, not really close to LL.

6. Re: Place to stay in LLouise? greyhound to Calgary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:20