We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

I've done a search and the infomation I found was from 2005 so I thought I would ask again.

We are staying in the Fairmont in LL but they don't offer free wi-fi but charge by the day. As I won't need wi-fi most of the day this is OTT. Is there any free wi-fi in any bars etc or at the ski base where I can pick up mail on my phone (so I don't have to have data roaming)?

Thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

Ahh, the technology age....so sad how we've become slaves to our cell phones. I'm proud to announce that I do not own one.

To answer your question, yes, there will certainly be some bars or cafes that will offer free Wifi. When you get to your destination ask around and you'll be promptly directed.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,893 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

I stay at the Chateau all the time. Join Presidents Club, its a free offer and then your wifi is free. There are other perks but its a no brainer. You can sign up online or once you get there.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,386 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

Krusty, cell phones and wi-fi are different technologies. Granted, smart phones often use both, but I have several wi-fi devices with no cell connectivity and a cell phone with no wi-fi connectivity.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

Presidents Club it is :-)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

Hi Country Wife....see, what do I know??

I miss 1986!!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

Hi there Rob,

The beautiful village of Lake Louise is quite remote, situated in Banff National Park and internet and phone connections are limited.

There is no free WiFi in Lake Louise, however the Depot in the village and the Lake Louise Ski Area offer affordable rates by the hour or per day.

The Lake Louise Visitor Information Centre offer free WiFi inside and outside as far as their after hours kiosk, enabling access to www.BanffLakeLouise.com. From there you can book activities, attractions and accommodations as well as find out about all the exciting events and festivals taking place during your stay i.e the month long SnowDays festival which commences today. This free WiFi will prove useful if you are ever in the village of Lake Louise as it is 4km from the Fairmont Chateau where you are staying.

7. Re: Wi-Fi in and around Lake Louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:19