We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging: Lake Louise vs Banff

Columbia, Maryland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging: Lake Louise vs Banff

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Canada - we have 10 days to visit the Jasper-to-Banff corridor and, after flying into Calgary, we're not sure how to divide our time. It seems that most of the interesting hikes, outlooks, etc are from Lake Louise up to Jasper, but I don't want to overlook Banff. If we wanted to stay in 2 places before heading back to Calgary from Jasper, could we get by staying in Lake Louise for the greater Banff experience, and then staying in Jasper? Or would you suggest staying in Banff proper first? Or have a completely different idea? We'll be doing some hiking, but nothing terribly difficult. Thanks to all.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,881 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging: Lake Louise vs Banff

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums! Since this is a very popular question, forum members have worked together to write a TripAdvisor Traveller Article about Banff vs Lake Louise, Jasper, etc. You will find it here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154910-c14815/Banff-…

The article also includes a few other options you may not have thought of yet, such as Canmore. Once you've had a look at the information, please feel free to post more questions here :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging: Lake Louise vs Banff

Personally I would choose options that mean you can 'settle' in one place so I'd split between Banff and Jasper and avoid packing / unpacking / learning new routine and focus on getting out and doing stuff

Rob

3. Re: Lodging: Lake Louise vs Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:17