We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diner at Deer Lodge

I&E
New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Diner at Deer Lodge

How does the deer lodge restaurant rate in comparison to the other options in the area as to food, price, atmosphere?

Southern California
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diner at Deer Lodge

The best two restaurants in the Lake Louise area are at the Post Hotel and at Baker Creek Chalets. Haven't eaten at Deer Lodge in several years so don't know how they are doing currently.

Of the two, the Post Hotel is more formal and has the more extensive (and expensive) menu. Baker Creek is more relaxed and less expensive. Food was excellent at both. My wife and I prefer Baker Creek--we have eaten there on three different trips and have always had great food, plus we prefer the less formal atmosphere.

Post Hotel is in Lake Louise Village just down the hill from Deer Lodge. Baker Creek is about 10 minutes south of Lake Louise Village on Bow Valley Parkway.

Estes Park, Colorado
Level Contributor
622 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diner at Deer Lodge

We had lunch there a couple of weeks ago. It was a very quaint atmosphere. The food was good. Lunch for 2 was around $65-$75 CAN. If we'd had time I would have gone back for another meal.

3. Re: Diner at Deer Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 11:20