We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

I've been doing some research and have mixed messages. The "official website" (or what appears to be) goes to a dead link. There are some posts that indicate that the shuttle runs all summer, some say that it is only for the Larch viewing time(late Sept).

Will it be running end of July on a week day, any idea on the schedule, and if so where do you park to take the ride?

Many thanks!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

most shuttles in Jasper either start from the train station or from individual hotels. Can't tell you about the schedule but once the boat cruises start running they do a shuttle up and back. I know it also caters to hikers as well. You might also check the 'sundog' website but Maligne Lk runs a shuttle.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Thanks for your prompt reply! I did not know that there were boat tours on Moraine Lake.

We will be coming from Banff and staying in Lake Louise so Jasper shuttle services will not be suitable in this instance.

I will be sure to check out the Maligne Lake shuttle service as we intend doing that tour.

Thanks again!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

David has confused Moraine Lake with Maligne Lake. It's an easy mistake to make, I've done it myself!

Moraine Lake is near Lake Louise in Banff National Park. It doesn't have a cruise, the way that Maligne Lake does.

Maligne Lake, in Jasper National Park, has a shuttle from the town of Jasper.

I don't know if the plans for the Moraine Lake shuttle for the coming year have been settled yet. If nobody has a good answer by Monday, I could give Parks Canada a call.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Yes, no wonder it's confusing with all the "touristy" lakes begining with a "M" (Minewanka as well!) LOL!!

Always appreciate any feedback from Trip Advisor experts!!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

I'm so sorry yes I was thinking Maligne lk as they also run a shuttle. There is a town shuttle from Lk Louise that will take you to Moraine. You may just want to call the Chateau Lk Louise or the Lk Louise Inn and get the schedule from them as they have their brochures for their guests.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Great info David ...thanks!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

I was at Moraine Lake last week and happened to park right near where the commercial shuttle stops, which is posted with a sign. (I am not sure if this is the same as the Parks Canada shuttle that runs in September's larch season ... I don't think it is, because the commercial shuttle's capacity would not be enough for all the people who want to see the larches.) I took a photo of the sign, anticipating that questions might arise here on the forum. The shuttle is operated by Mountain Park Transportation, and their LL phone number is 403-522-2700.

The shuttle route is: Lake Louise Inn --> Samson Mall --> campground --> Moraine Lake --> Chateau LL --> Chateau LL staff housing --> LL village (which includes icons for the hotel, the mall and the campground). Departures from the LL Inn are at 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm, arriving at Moraine Lake at 9:20 am, 11:20 am ... (you get the idea, I'm sure), and the final stop in the village at 10 am, 12 pm ....

The cash fare is $20 for adults ($10 one way), and $10 for children under 12.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Awesome, Krp! I should probably put that info in a Traveller Article.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,425 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Can photos be added to a Traveller Article? If so, I could upload it.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Timing for Moraine Lake Shuttle

Yes, you can add photos (unless you're using IE for your web browser, a lot of the Traveller Article functions are now missing for IE users). I'll work on the article later, gotta go mow :(