We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First snow

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Veracruz, Mexico
Level Contributor
81 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
First snow

Hi everybody! Family w/small children are planning going there. We'd love to see (and play) with snow, but we wouldn't like too much cold there. What would be the best months to be there?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,905 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First snow

Cold and snow have this habit of going together lol Temperatures in the winter can get quite cold from time to time, and there is no predicting much ahead of time (more than a week or so) with any great accuracy when that will happen, so I would suggest you come in March, when it is less likely to get *really* cold. Or you could come at this time of the year (early November)... there is snow, and temps are not usually that low... however, the ski hill is not usually open this early in the season, and there are fewer daylight hours than in March.

texas
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First snow

Just before July 4 th.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First snow

I agree - March is definitely the time to get the optimum combination of snow plus pleasant temperatures (pleasant for a Canadian, that is!)

Veracruz, Mexico
Level Contributor
81 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First snow

Thank you friends! I think we'll choose between March & June.

5. Re: First snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 11:20