We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Louise Inn - any good ?

Which Lake Louise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Lake Louise Inn - any good ?

I am off to L/Louise in about 3 weeks time with a few friends to stay in the Inn & ski . We have a superior annexe room & i'm a little worried that I may not of picked the best hotel for us, reading some reviews on trip advisor etc.... Are these rooms very big ? Can anyone reassure me that i have made the right choice? Also where are the best places to go of an evening & if its Banff, how much would a taxi cost us ?

Any other advise you want to pass onto me then please let me know. like when is the best & worst time to hit the slopes to avoid the queues.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Louise Inn - any good ?

Lake Louise has one taxi company. The distance from Lake Louise to Banff townsite is 60 km (38 miles), so I would think it would be expensive to travel back and forth by taxi.

Lake Louise is a tiny village, and there are very few places to go of an evening. Banff townsite offers way more in that regard than Lake Louise does.

I prefer Lake Louise as a base in summer. It's peaceful, and it's a great base for hiking. But in winter I prefer Banff townsite as a base. In winter indoor amenities become more important, and Banff has more of them. Lake Louise's relative solitude, which is so welcome to me in summer, is just TOO peaceful for me in winter. Well it is if I spend more than a couple of days at Lake Louise in winter.

If you stay in Banff you can buy a Tri Area Lift Ticket. It enables you to ski at Norquay (4 miles from Banff towniste), Sunshine (10 miles from Banff), and Lake Louise (38 miles). Sunshine is awesome. The Tri Area Lift Ticket also includes shuttle buses from Banff's hotels to all three ski areas. Here's a website about it:

http://www.skibig3.com/

A R
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Louise Inn - any good ?

There is only one taxi in Lake Louise. Taxi from Lake Louise to Banff costs approx 110.00 each way. But there is also greyhound which costs approx 15.00 each way. Or you can take the ski bus, which departs from Lake Louise ski mountain, costs 15.00 roundtrip between banff and lake louise, for this you can take the complimentary bus from the LL chateau or other hotels to the ski mountain. For all of the above options you have to adjust your schedule to theirs. I was there over the Christmas Holiday, we stayed in Banff, at the Fairmont Banff Springs, and I really regreted not staying at least half of my stay at Lake Louise Chateau.

Banff will be the best pace to stay for evening activities.

3. Re: Lake Louise Inn - any good ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 11:19