We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stampede Rodeo seating

West Kirby...
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stampede Rodeo seating

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the lay out of the rodeo venue? I am looking at the cheaper seats I am traveling on a budget and just happened to be in Calgary for these dates so thought it would be a fun thing to do.

anyway I am looking at seats in section 705 or 704. I wondered if anybody could tell be what the grey box in section 705 is when looking on the booking tickets site? (I would add a screen caption but I'm not able to do that here)

Is this stairs or something? also which row is good in that section? I wondered about AA but I hear that that directly in front of the walkway and so higher up in that section perhaps EE is better?

also if anyone knows are both the end seats is on an aisle/steps? I am a little nervous in crowds and would prefer a seat on the end but sometimes when I book seats on an end in some venues I end up next to a wall, if that makes sense. It the feeling of being able to easily get out into the aisle that helps my anxiety.

If anyone knows any or of this information that would be great!

7 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
27,161 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

Have you tried looking at the Virtual Venue for the Stampede Grandstand? It gives views from every seat, and you can even do side-by-side comparisons.

calgarystampede.io-media.com/web/index.html

Edited: 21 October 2017, 16:25
West Kirby...
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

OH thank you so much! This is perfect and so helpful! Thank you so much! 😊

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

What a fantastic site and a preview of what to expect with your seats! Which our venues in Australia had this option. Bookmarking this site!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,130 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

The grey box is called (believe it or not - and thank Julius Caesar) a vomitorium. It's where fans flow through from the concourse to their seats, and vice versa. We call them tunnels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

As a first timer, would it be better to buy seats smack bang in the middle of the grandstand in the mid 200 block or front row(s) mid 500 block. 700's will be nosebleed and not worth it?

Unfortunately once cannot predict the weather (I did read in the past it rained a lot).

Calgary. Alberta
Level Contributor
260 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

Depends if you want to risk rain or not. The 200s will

be a much better view and closer to all the action. I think if you're about halfway or a little more up the 200s you do get a little bit of cover from the level above.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stampede Rodeo seating

Cool, thanks star33star.............will keep that in mind.

Reply to: Stampede Rodeo seating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted