We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indonesian restaurant in Calgary

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
405 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Indonesian restaurant in Calgary

So far I found two Indonesian restaurants in Calgary: the "Bali Indonesian" and the "Indonesia". Which one is the best for rijsttafel? Are there other Indonesian restaurants?

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
405 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indonesian restaurant in Calgary

bump

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,661 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indonesian restaurant in Calgary

Well, I see you still haven't had any responses. While I have been to neither place, let's think a bit about their locations...

Neither have many reliable reviews, Restaurant Indonesia has no reviews at all.

As you can probably guess, indonesian food is not big in Calgary, not like it is where you live (or at Dayang in Den Haag!).

Bali Indonesia at abot 6th ave and 6th st SW is in the downtown core... think tall office buildings. It doesn't mean it is bad by any means, but I would guess that the evening restaurant traffic in that particular area would be a lot less than at lunch.

Restaurant Indonesia seems to be located a little bit south of the core on 14th st between 16th and 17th ave SW... a more eating/shopping area, and there are a few very good restaurants in that immediate area ( a really nice Indian place amongst them). But... I've known several restaurants that have been in that block through the decades. Check to be sure the place is still there.

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
405 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indonesian restaurant in Calgary

Geomedic, thank you for your reply. We wanted to take our friends (expats from the Netherlands) who live in Calgary to an Indonesian restaurant as a surprise.

We live not far away from The Hague, so here we have many Indonesian restaurants.

4. Re: Indonesian restaurant in Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Calgary
Recent Conversations