We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

London, UK
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

Coming to Calgary for the stampede - have bought rodeo tickets, just about to buy tickets for the evening show - can I do both on the same day or should I do separate days? Only in Calgary for 3 days so wondered if I should save a day to do other things.

calgary
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

It can be done, I've done it many times; however, you will be tired at the end of the day. But since you only have 3 days in the city, it might be a good idea as it leaves you the other two days to explore around the rest of the city.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,576 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

I would recommend separate days; if you see the rodeo and the grandstand show on the same day, that makes for a very long time in the grandstand, and doesn't give you much time to see all the other things that are going on at the Stampede grounds. And there is a LOT of other stuff to see and do.

London, UK
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

Thank you both for your prompt replies - I have decided to do it over 2 days as we will probably be suffering from jet-lag anyway so maybe a long day is not such a good idea.

Thanks again

calgary
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

Good choice! Have fun

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

Yes, I did it in one day and it makes for a really long day. The crowds get so heavy the fun kind of dies out. Good choice to split the days.

6. Re: Rodeo and Grandstand show same day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 06:18