We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary to Glacier National Park

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Calgary to Glacier National Park

Leaving from Calgary and getting to Glacier is that convenient and by what means?...Want to spend a few days at Glacier Nat. Pk end of May or first two weeks in June what would the weather be like as well?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,629 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

I assume you're talking about Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, to the south of Calgary, rather than Glacier National Park in British Columbia.

If you will be arriving and departing from Calgary, then your best bet is to rent a car. Otherwise, you will find some transport options outlined in this TripAdvisor Traveler Article:

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g184841-c3412/Waterton…

Mentioned in this post
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,878 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

just make sure the 'going to the sun' road is open when your arriving. Its a highlight but sometimes opens late depending on snow removal.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

I'm still not clear on how I get from Calgary to Glacier Nat Park in the Montana

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,629 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

Are you wondering what route to take, or are you more concerned about arranging transportation?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

I was also planning on visiting the Glacier National Park in montana from Calgary. Can anyone please let me know if any (and which) rental car companies allow their cars to be taken to the US from calgary.

Thanks!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

Maybe I'm not clear... I will be ending a tour of the Canadian Rockies ...it ends in Calgary...Leaving Calgary and to get to Glacier National Park in the United States what city do I need to go too. and can I fly? if so what airline...or is that train or bus service from Calgary to where I need to be to see Glacier Nat Park in the US???

Mentioned in this post
Canadian Rockies
Canadian Rockies
Alberta, Canada
United States
United States
North America
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

gman, you can fly United, Alaska (Horizon) or Delta to Kalispell, MT from Calgary; but not direct. You will be routed through Denver, Seattle or Salt Lake City.

http://www.iflyglacier.com/

If you want driving routes/times from Calgary, use Kalispell, Whitefish, East Glacier or West Glacier as your destination in MT.

You might find some other workable options here:

airportshuttleexpress.com/waterton.htm#moose

~Natasha

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Kalispell
Kalispell
Montana
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
8. Re: Calgary to Glacier National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 05:36