We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stampede belt buckles

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Stampede belt buckles

Hi

As many of you are aware we have spent a lot of time planning our holiday up the west coast of USA, through BC and Alberta with the main intention of ending up in Calgary for the Stampede.

We've secured good accommodation and got up at 4am to grab great seats for the Chuck Wagon races and Rodeo.

In keeping with the Stampede image we thought we would order 2 of the 2010 belt buckles which we did over a month ago. Alas they have not arrived. I presume local orders have been filled?

Even allowing for us being in Australia freight normally doesn't take that long.

We have tried contacting the Stampede office by email but have not even received a reply. I understand they would be very busy at this time of the year but an acknowledgement would be nice. They were quick enough to take our money out of our CC.

The lack of contact leaves more of a sour taste in our mouth than the loss of the $100CAD they cost.

Any ideas?

(PS we leave on Wed so not much time left!!!).

Thanks

Dave

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stampede belt buckles

Tough one :( The belt buckles are the kind of thing that Calgarians would tend to pick up at a souvenir outlet on the Stampede grounds during Stampede Week, rather than ordering in advance. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be near a Riley & McCormick store in the near future; if they had them in stock, then your order has been overlooked. However, it's possible that the whole order of buckles has run into trouble from the supplier's end.

And yes, it's unfortunate that they haven't contacted you about this.

Alberta
Level Contributor
669 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stampede belt buckles

Dave, I'm sorry to hear that your buckles have not arrived. I would follow up with another email. Perhaps the Stampede people have a huge volume of e-mails and it takes time to get to them all. If you have a confirmation number or something; send me a PM I'd be happy to try and contact them by phone for you.

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stampede belt buckles

Thank you Country_Wife and cdar.

I have sent another email to their reception so fingers crossed.

Thanks cdar for your kind offer - have pm'd you.

Even if they never show up it hasn't dampened our enthusiasm for the Stampede and I'm sure we will have more than buckles to bring back as souvenirs (as long as it's not a cowboy my wife has smuggled out of there).

BTW are Canadian cowboys tougher than Aussie cowboys:-)

Cheers and thanks again

Dave

Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stampede belt buckles

Howdy

Been and gone to the Stampede and had a great time.

Unfortunately the first day was cold and wet and the Chuck Wagons and Grand Stand show were cancelled for the first time in living history.

Got exchange tickets for the next night (not in as good a position) but absolutely loved the performance.You would pay just to go see the Grand Stand show it was so awesome. Very Cirque de Soleil with fantastic fireworks.

Alas got back to Australia and still no belt buckles. Could have bought them at the Stampede for cheaper but hoping they would be waiting for us when we got back to Australia. Have emailed their office on a number of occasions to no avail. Will keep trying but it has left a little bit of a sour taste in our mouths after such a great experience.

If you are thinking of going to the Stampede - just do it. (But buy the buckles there!)

Cheers

Dave

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stampede belt buckles

Oh no! What terrible timing! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Stampede on Wednesday, at least. Tuesday was truly awful; I had planned to go then myself, but the day's forecast (a high of 12C, rain, and wind) made me change my mind. As a local, I have that option, but I did feel sorry for people like you whose time was limited. I agree, that's got to be the worst Stampede weather I've heard of - the previous low mark was a week of steady, heavy rain in the 1950's or 1960's.

And thank you very much for the update on the belt buckle problem - that's very unfortunate, but hopefully others will find your experience illuminating.

6. Re: Stampede belt buckles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 05:16