We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary and Lethbridge

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Calgary and Lethbridge

Hi

I have to go to Calgary to visit some family at the end of the month, but also need to go to Lethbridge to visit some people. Does anyone know if there is a middle point between Calgary & Lethbridge? Or what my options would be if I don’t want to drive back and forth?

Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

It's about 2 hours 45 mins of driving to get from Calgary to Lethbridge. Nanton is the town roughly midway between Calgary and Lethbridge; you can see their accommodation listings here:

http://www.nanton.worldweb.com/WheretoStay/

Unfortunately, none of these places has a listing or reviews here on TripAdvisor; however, maybe another TA member can steer you in the right direction.

Claresholm is a town 30 minutes south of Nanton which also has accommodations. They are listed and reviewed here on TA:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g499099-Claresholm_Alb…

There is a daily (Mon-Sat) scheduled shuttle bus between the Calgary airport and any Lethbridge hotel:

airportshuttleexpress.com/…lashuttle

This service is from Calgary-based Ariport Shuttle Express.

Or you can catch a Greyhound bus: www.greyhound.ca

And finally, you can fly between Calgary and Lethbridge via Air Canada.

Edited: 07 July 2010, 17:24
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

I live in Nanton. The only place in town I'd consider sending friends to is the Ranchland. But if I had my druthers, I'd push further south to Claresholm and stay at the Blue Bird Motel.

Is there a reason you need to go back and forth between the 2 cities? Would it be possible to spend a few days in Lethbridge, then spend the remaining few days in Calgary and catch your flight home? Or vice versa.

new jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

thanks for replying!!

i have to visit some family there, maybe we can just go there pick them up and go back to calgary? or would that be too tiring?

is lethbridge on the way to banff or out of the way?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

Lethbridge is 2 hours 45 minutes south of Calgary; Banff is roughly 2 hours west of Calgary.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

It is not too tiring to drive to Lethbridge and back in a day. I went to University in Lethbridge and would make the trip to Calgary in 1 day many times. It shouldn't take more than 2 hours unless you drive WAY under the speed limit. It's a pretty flat easy drive, really no reason to stop half way unless you have to use the washroom.

new jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

thanks megs!

also what is there to do in lethbridge? any places of interest or places to eat that are good?

7. Re: Calgary and Lethbridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 05:17