We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Vancouver with a 40 ft. toy hauler from Calgary

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Strathmore, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Driving to Vancouver with a 40 ft. toy hauler from Calgary

I got a couple of questions as you can see we are driving from Calgary to Vancouver. We will be towing a 40 foot toyhauler.

- If we wanted to break the trip up into 2 day what would be a good camp ground to stay at on the way I was hoping to stop around Kamloops?

- Would it be better to go down through Kelowna or just stay on Hwy 1?

This is the first time I have used this site

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Vancouver with a 40 ft. toy hauler from Calgary

I would think you would want to stop somewhere between Revelstoke and kamloops. This could include anywhere along hwy 1 like Sicamous or Salmon Arm. Margret Falls Provincial campground near Salmon Arm is pretty good.

It isn't really worth it to drive down to Kelowna as it adds a couple hours to your trip.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Vancouver with a 40 ft. toy hauler from Calgary

Welcome to TripAdvisor!

I haven't found any campgrounds in Kamloops that I would recommend, especially for such a large RV.

The Sicamous KOA was good when I stayed there some years ago, and their recent reviews seem favourable:

rvparkreviews.com/regions/…Sicamous.html

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g499147-d1497896…

One thing to be careful of, when planning to camp along the Trans-Canada between Kamloops and Golden, is the campground location with relation to the very busy train tracks, since the highway follows the route taken by the rail line for much of its length.

Strathmore, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Vancouver with a 40 ft. toy hauler from Calgary

Thanks for your reply

4. Re: Driving to Vancouver with a 40 ft. toy hauler from Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 09:16