We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park and jet or park and go?

BC
Level Contributor
138 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
park and jet or park and go?

We are coming into Calgary from out of time to fly out. What do you like better for parking your car for 6 days, park and jet or park and go.

Where is park and go and how does it work? We have used park and jet before so know how that works. thanks

Western Canada
Level Contributor
988 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park and jet or park and go?

This will require a bit of homework on your part.

There are three viable options for parking at the Calgary Aiarport. They are the airport it's self, Park 'n' Jet and Park to Fly. I hope I got the last one correct. Go on each website as I know the latter two have coupons. You should also look in any coupon books you may have as well as they often have coupons. Next, determine your length of stay allowing about 3 hours before departure and an hour after arrival. If you are more than a couple of hours into the next day coinsider it a full day. Calculate your rates using their charts. You may find the airport is cheaper for a few days, the others for longer stays.. I do not have a choice between the latter two as to convenience. One other factor might be if any of your Loyalty cards offer any incentives such as Aeroplan. Some folks say to stay at a neighbouring hotel at the beginning and end of your trip and the hotel may offer you free parking and a shuttle. Check this out as well. Do not use a cab to get to the hotel as there won't be any savings at all.

Good luck.

Dean in Red Deeer, AB

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park and jet or park and go?

The biggest difference between the two companies is that park& jet is a self-park lot whereas with Park 2 Go you give them your car keys, hop on their shuttle, and they park your car for you. When you get back you phone them, hop on the shuttle back to the lot and your car is warmed up and waiting for you. I have never used Park 2 Go so I'm not sure how their rates compare to park and jet. Park n Fly is self park also.

canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park and jet or park and go?

just an fyi ~ park & jet has a 20% printable coupon on their site if you decide to go with them again.

4. Re: park and jet or park and go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:18