We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary grocery stores?

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calgary grocery stores?

I am on a long visit to Calgary and am seeking advice on good local grocery stores, preferably in the southeast part of Calgary. I refuse to shop at wal-mart and am in search of a store with a good selection and a decent amount of organic foods. Being open late is a big plus, but the one 24 hour grocery I found had an awfully small selection. Thanks in advance for any input!

calgary
Level Contributor
4,495 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

Safeway; Coop; Sobey's; Sunterra - have locations all over Calgary and all have organic products. Alternatively you can go to Planet Organic on Elbow Drive S.W.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

SuperStore also has a good selection of organic foods--dry goods, dairy, produce, with locations in the SE. Hours are 0700-2300. www.superstore.ca

Mount Kisco, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

How about a grocery store that we can stop at on our way from Calgary to Banff??

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,881 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

The last major grocery store in Calgary, on the route to Banff via the Trans-Canada (16th Ave N), is the Safeway at 5048 - 16 Ave NW (just west of the Home Road intersection) . There are also grocery stores in Canmore and Banff.

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

Just stop in at the Safeway right in Banff. The prices are not much different than in Calgary. At least that was my experience last summer.

Alberta
Level Contributor
663 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

I would stop in Canmore and visit Safeway or Sobey's. When I am in Canmore I stock up on my families favorites at Valbella meats.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

As CW says, the last place in Calgary to stop on the way to Banff w/ a good organic selection would be the Safeway on 16th Ave NW. Otherwise, as others have suggested you could do your shopping in Canmore, or even at the Safeway right in Banff itself. Although most things are way more expensive in Banff, I have found the Safeway there to be only slightly more expensive than the Safeway stores here in Calgary.

Edited: 24 June 2011, 16:50
8. Re: Calgary grocery stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Calgary
Recent Conversations