We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwy 201 - Stoney Trail...is it completed??

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SK
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Hwy 201 - Stoney Trail...is it completed??

Going to pass through Calgary using Hwy 1 but am considering Hwy 201 to avoid the congestion of 16th Ave. Looking at google maps, looks like it is done but when you go to satellite view, looks unfinished. I appreciate the help.

SK
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hwy 201 - Stoney Trail...is it completed??

Thank you all for your replies. I will be travelling thru east to west on a Friday morning so I'm wondering about rush hour. I'm guessing anytime after 9am should be all right to use 16th Ave. How early before 9 does it get and stay busy. Thanks again for the help.

Alberta
Level Contributor
156 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hwy 201 - Stoney Trail...is it completed??

morning rush hour can be anywhere between 6:30 AM and 9:00 AM and again in the afternoon from about 4:00 PM to about 6:30 PM. Keep in mind also that the speed limit changes on 16th ave, with some sections only posted at 50 KM/H. Also there are numerous traffic signals.

For the most part, Stoney Trail is 100 KM/H with no traffic signals except a short slow down through the Crowchild Trail area and the signal at the bottom of the hill by the Bow River. From east to west or vice versa this is your quickest route.

13. Re: Hwy 201 - Stoney Trail...is it completed??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:16