We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinary

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Itinary

We have to go to Calgary for a visa run 1st week of Jan. We are a family of 4 (kids aged 12 & 14). We will probably arrive on Sun 1st Jan need to be at the embassy Tues am and Fri am and Leave Sat. My question is what can you suggest for our free days, Mon, Tues pm, Wed & Thurs. . We are avid skiers - how easy is it to get to Banff for a couple of days? Also daughter wants to know about the malls. Suggested itineries would be great

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinary

Making it out to Banff is very easy from Calgary. Take Highway 1 (TransCanada Highway) west. It takes 1.5hrs to make it to Banff from Calgary. There are 3 ski resorts close to Banff (Nakiska is 5min, Sunshine is 30, Lake Louise is 45) and most hotels offer shuttles to the resorts. If you go on a weekday you'll have less people on the hills and hotel prices will be cheaper.

There is some shopping available on the main drag in Banff, but Calgary has much more to offer. Depending on where you are staying in town there is Southcentre Mall in the Southeast, Chinook Mall is very centrally located on MacLeod Trail, Market Mall is in the Northwest and finally the largest mall is Crossiron Mills located just north of the airport in the Northeast.

I have some reviews on some of my top restaurants if you'd like to have a look. I also have a trip list built for Banff on my profile which you should be able to view.

2. Re: Help with Itinary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2012, 10:16