We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long term parking in Calgary

jacksonville fl
2 posts
Save Topic
long term parking in Calgary

We are spending one night at the Fairmont Palliser, after

driving from Florida. Then we are booked on a motorcoach to

Banff and then the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver. We will

need to leave the ar for 6 days. Can't afford to leave it at the

Fairmont, but can't change hotels.

Would the airport be feasible? How much would transportation

from the airport to the hotel be? We will be flying back from

Vancouver to pick the car up, then driving east.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,901 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: long term parking in Calgary

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums, Jagsfan3!

There is a regular express bus that runs from the downtown to the airport, with only limited stops. It costs $2.75 to catch it downtown or at one of the other stops, $8 if you're catching it at the airport. It's the Rte 300 BRT bus:

www.calgarytransit.com/route_maps/rte300.html

See post #7, by Love2vacation on the thread linked below, for an outline of some of the airport parking options; it sounds like the Econo lot would work well for you:

www.calgarytransit.com/route_maps/rte300.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: long term parking in Calgary

Honestly, I'd simply dump it on a residential street that has no parking restrictions. There are loads of neighbourhoods less than 10 minutes from the Palliser where the car would be safe for 6 days, including my street.

If you want to leave it in my neighbourhood drop me a PM and I'll give you an address, no big deal.

Cheers,

Terry

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: long term parking in Calgary

Whoops, just noticed that you're flying back from Vancouver and continuing the trip in the car. In that case the Airport might be a better option logistically... step out of the airplane right back into the vehicle...

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: long term parking in Calgary

Go for Parkjet or Park2Go at the airport - they run shuttles to and from the terminal - book online and save considerably. The terminal parking will cost about $100 and about half that for those two, taxi from the Palliser should be about $30 each way.

Rob

Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: long term parking in Calgary

The economy lot at YYC is cheaper. $39.95/week. Short walk from terminal, luggage carts are free at yyc.

Info at: www.calgaryairport.com/Default.aspx…

Note: Pay by credit card only when leaving.

6. Re: long term parking in Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 10:31
Get answers to your questions about Calgary
Recent Conversations