We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motels

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
motels

Can anyone recommend a MOTEL in

Calgary close to restaurants, clean comfortable in the $60-$70 price range

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,905 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: motels

I would be very leery of anything in that price range in Calgary.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,197 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: motels

As would I. You may have better luck with finding a nice B&B or hostel in that price range.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,197 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: motels

Okay, I'm putting a very big "Buyer Beware" on the following suggestions. These are budget motels that have recent positive reviews and aren't too far from restaurants. I don't know if they will meet your price point or not, and I don't know anything about their cleanliness, safety, etc. beyond what the reviewers have stated. BUT if I was looking for a motel in that price range for myself, I would start by looking at:

Red Carpet Inn -

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154913-d182251-…

Canada's Best Value Inn -

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154913-d619744-…

Calgary North Thriftlodge -

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154913-d188374-…

However, before I looked at these places, I would look at places like Blackmore's B&B and An English Bed, Breakfast & Day Spa (both within a short bus ride of the restaurants and C-Train station at Dalhousie Station) or possibly the HI Calgary City Centre hostel: tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154913-d271685-…

Edited: 08 May 2012, 02:28
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: motels

thanks but we changed our mind and booked into the Red Carpet Inn in Banff and very glad we did-- it is terrific and very cheap

5. Re: motels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:41