We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

Israel
Level Contributor
471 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

I am flying out of Calgary at 12:00 after a trip to Banff and Jasper. I will stay in Calgary the night before. Should I look at hotels at the airport or in town? Can you make any suggestions? I'm looking for clean and decent accommodations for a couple and teenager. I don't need restaurant facilities. I will have a rental car to return to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,613 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

I think your best bet would be an airport-area hotel, unless you are staying on the weekend; that's when downtown hotel rates drop.The closest hotels to the airport are the Delta Airport, Acclaim, and Best Western Freeport; all get good reviews The Acclaim and Best Western are fairly new hotels; if I recall correctly, the Acclaim opened three years ago, and the Best Western Freeport opened within the last year. They have airport shuttles, so you can return your rental car the night before, if you like.

But none of the airport area hotels are convenient to much else; fortunately, that doesn't seem to be a problem for you.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

For a 12 o'clock flight you could easily leave Banff at 8am - I'd stay an extra night there so it feels like a holiday still, will feel a bit 'left already' if you stay at an airport one

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,613 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

Good point, Rob.

Anglesey
Level Contributor
549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

yes, we changed our plans thanks to Trip Advisor advice. We were staying near the airport on our last night but now we are having an extra night in Banff. Our flight isnt till late afternoon so I feel we could still leave in the morning and see a bit of Calgary before getting to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

Stay at the Acclaim Hotel they have free shuttle takes 5 mins to get to the Airport and they have roof top hot tubs , complementary dvds to watch during your stay. Gives you something to do.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

Good advice from Rob, glad you followed it.

There's no reason to spend the night in Calgary unless there was something special (concert, play, etc.) you specifically wanted to see.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Israel
Level Contributor
471 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

Thanks for your responses. Problem is that we'll be in Jasper at the end of our trip, and I think that we may have to leave too early to make it to the airport on time.

calgary
Level Contributor
5,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

Jasper to Calgary to make a 12:00 noon flight is not doable. You would be better to stay in Calgary or at least make your way back to Banff for a night.

Edited: 21 June 2012, 23:41
Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
9. Re: Where to stay in Calgary night before return flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:15