We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five Hours Between Flights

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Five Hours Between Flights

We have a five hour layover in Calgary in three weeks. Would it make sense for us to hop in a cab and go downtown? Are there sights that you would recommend? We are travelling with our nine year old twins.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
730 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five Hours Between Flights

I would suggest either the zoo or Telus world of Science - both within 10 mins taxi from the airport or maybe $20 each way I would guess. These are both well worth the visit and very close to the airport, weather should be nice so maybe the zoo would be a better choice to be outside.

Rob

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five Hours Between Flights

The zoo would be a better choice; I've been watching the reviews for Telus Spark (formerly Telus World of Science, Calgary Science Centre, and Calgary Centennial Planetarium ;) and the reviews by parents of older kids are unenthusiastic at best. And some are pretty peeved--apparently the science center folks decided to start with a clean slate in their new building, so none of the "old reliable" exhibits are there, and the new ones are not too inspiring. I really need to go and check it out for myself, though - I have some pretty strong opinions on what makes a good science center.

Edited: 23 June 2012, 18:55
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
730 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five Hours Between Flights

Race you to a review Country Wife :-) as interested myself to see. My daughter had her 7th party there early this year but we only really saw a small percentage of it because of what they had organized for the kids to do during it so have meant to go back and try the rest

Rob

4. Re: Five Hours Between Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:17