We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

Alberta, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

On a mid-week afternoon. I would take deerfoot. Other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,327 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

I think that would be your best bet.

I was going to suggest Barlow Trail but of course that is a no-go until the airport construction is all finished and south Barlow connects to north Barlow again.

calgary
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

Some days it won't be a problem; some days there will be problems and you won't make it. Chances are you will make it in an hour just fine; personally I would give myself more time.

J&W
Calgary AB
Level Contributor
645 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

Center Street to 64th if traffic reports say Deerfoot is backed up. Sometimes you can spend a 1/2 hour going nowhere on Derrfoot. Not many other routes to the airport.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

Edmonton trail also works well at least to McNight. By then the bulk of Deerfoot clog should be done.

5. Re: Can I leave DT@5pm and make it to airport by 6?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 07:15