We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
105 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

We are a group of friends (7 of us) are planning a visit to the Canadian Rockies as suck we are looking for a BIG VAN/SUV which can carry 7 people + 7 big size bags as we are on a holiday for a month.

Could anyone please suggest which car rental company will be able to provide us with a big car.

Regards

Hussain Nalwala

Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

The "Suburb", as we jokingly call the Suburban, on Hertz lists 8 passengers but very limited luggage space (3 large, 2 small cases). Roof rack for excess luggage??

Dubai
Level Contributor
105 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Sorry I forgvot to mention that we will be doing the Rockies in early June 2013.If that be the case and I don't find a car of my choice I will not make an advance booking and pick up 2 cars from what is available at Calgary airport.this will give me better options....

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Best thing to do is call Budget, Calgary and explain exactly what you need and if they can deliver make the reservation by telephone.

Dubai
Level Contributor
105 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Fine Wallie R... will do that early next year since now they would be close for holidays... Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you ....

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Hope it will work out.

Merry X-mas and Happy New Year !

Dubai
Level Contributor
105 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Just one question.

We will be in Calgary on 3rd June . Is this high season time ?? Is it ok if I do not make an advance booking for a car and rather go look around with various car rental companies what they have to offer and see what suits us best and then take a call ?? Is that ok ??.... If we are not in the peak season then I am sure there will be a lot to offer.... Please advice.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Car rentals don't work that way

Walk up rates are going to be way higher than calling in advance. You're looking for a specialized vehicle which most car rentals at the airport will not have

Not booking in advance is pure folly

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,625 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

Book in advance. As I said in post 9, you don't book a specific car, you book a category of car. When you arrive at the counter, they may not have the specific car you want and you will be forced to take something else in that category. That's one reason renting two "popular" category cars will avoid that dilemma,

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

did you finaly manage to get the van for your requirement . I have similar kind of predicament . thanks . kapilberera@hotmail.com Delhi India

20. Re: Car REntal VAN/SUV in Calgery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:15