We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penetanguishene
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 teenage boys. We are planning a trip that starts on the 8th of July and ends in Vancouver on the 19th of July. We have rented a car to make the trip. We are looking for adventure and cheap accommodations. What would be the best road to take? what are the must see and do things? How much will they cost???

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,093 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums! I think you'll find that this TripAdvisor Traveller Article addresses many of your questions:

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g154922-c120076/Britis…

Traveller Articles are written by TA members like you and me, in response to popular forum questions.

Of course, the best thing to see & do along the way is the Canadian Rockies! You may find this Traveller Article answers your questions about seeing Banff, Jasper, and Yoho:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g659487-c161219/Canad…

Once you've had a chance to look at both of those articles, please feel free to come back to the forums with more questions.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,175 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

Two more links for you to read:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154922-c120076/Briti…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154922-c184601/Briti…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,773 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

I would say a must see in the Rockies would be the Icefields Parkway. Open the following link to see the points of interest along the route. Open the PDF link below the map for a legible reading. I would suggest you consider 3 nights Banff and 3 nights Jasper to get the most out of the area.

pc.gc.ca/eng/…visit38.aspx

Another website that might help you make your choices for your family is: www.helobc.com

On each and every forum, there are Top Questions to the right of the page. Also on each and every forum there are "Things to Do" in the green navigation bar across the top of the page. The Canadian Rockies Forum and the British Columbia Forum would be worth a checking out.

Canadian Rockies: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Can…

British Columbia tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154922-i80-Britis…

I think the "get directions" feature on Google Maps would help you sort driving distances and driving time: maps.google.ca

Have a go at some research as you will know your family's priorities and preferences the best for what you want to see and do. When you have a tentative itinerary post it on the forums for comment and further suggestions.

My only puzzled question would be, what would be the appeal for the members here on the forums to look up the 500-800 things to do and see between Calgary and Vancouver and post them plus how much each of them cost?

Penetanguishene
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

Our plans are getting filled in, but I still need help with a few detail. Where is a good place to stay in Jasper? The best route from Jasper to Whistler? Can you do it in one day?

5. Re: Road trip from Calgary to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 07:36